The apartments are a classic Altbau property that was constructed in the first decade of the 20th century, and features a front and back wing separated by an inner court yard. The back building enjoys a large back yard that is accessible to all residents. Buildings in the Altbau style represent some of the most sought after real estate in Berlin. They were constructed during the Wilhelmine period of German history between 1870 and 1914, and feature solid construction and spacious interiors. Trademark Altbau features include hardwood floors, arched doorways and stucco ornamentation – which creates a stark contrast with modernist and industrial properties in the area. There are 26 units in the property: 24 apartments and 2 commercial units. The property was extensively renovated in 2000, with the installation of new electrical, water, sewage systems and the renewal of the building’s facades. Central gas heating systems have also been installed in each of the wings of the property.